This is a Civil Defense Message for Wednesday, May 30 at 6:00 in the morning.
Hawaiian Volcano Observatory reports that the lava flow from several fissures continues to advance toward the Kapoho area. Residents in the Kapoho area including Kapoho Beach Lots and Vacationland are advised to evacuate. You are at risk of being isolated due to possible lava inundation of Beach Road near four corners.
Due to the lava activity the following policies are in effect:
- Beach road is restricted to outbound traffic from four corners to Hawaiian Beaches to allow residents to evacuate.
- Residents close to any volcanic activity should remain alert and be prepared to voluntarily evacuate if necessary.
The following is provided for your information:
- Cell Phone and Telephone landline communications in the Kapoho area have been severely limited due to downed power and telephone lines.
- Stay tuned to local radio stations for updates from Civil Defense.
- The Dept. of Health has changed the venue for today’s meeting to discuss vog and ash exposure in the Kau District. It will be at the Robert Herkes Gym and Emergency Shelter in Pahala at 5:30 in the evening.