Hawaiian Volcano Observatory reports that the eruption continues with little change in the lower East Rift Zone. Fissure 8 continues to produce a large channelized flow that is entering the ocean at Kapoho Bay and producing a large laze plume. Expect heavier vog to blanket the interior and southern parts of the island, wrapping around to Kona through the weekend.
Residents of Hawai‘i County who suffered damage or losses from the recent Kilauea volcanic eruption and earthquakes, can now register for disaster assistance with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
The following is provided for your information:
* A Disaster Recovery Center (DRC), jointly operated by Hawaii County, the State of Hawaii, and FEMA will open tomorrow, Friday, June 15 at 8 a.m.
* The DRC is located at Kea‘au High School Gymnasium and will be open daily from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm.
* People can register for assistance at the DRC, as well as having many of their questions answered.
* FEMA, the U.S. Small Business Administration, and state and county government agencies will be present at the center.
* For a list of the information you need to bring with you, or if you want to register online, go to www.DisasterAssistance.gov.