Beginning Wednesday, July 21, 2021, the Hawaiʻi County Vehicle Registration & Licensing Office in Kona will be temporarily extending its regular hours in an effort to cut into the county’s backlog of license renewals. The extended office hours are from 6:45 a.m. to 5:30 p.m, which allow the office to open an hour early and close an hour later. In addition to extended hours, the office will also open on Saturday, July 31, to service expired licenses and state IDs. Walk-ins will still be available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Patrons with appointments will be given preference.
Specific dates and hours of operation are as listed below:
• Wednesday, 7/21/21 6:45 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
• Thursday, 7/22/21 6:45 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
• Tuesday, 7/27/21 6:45 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
• Wednesday, 7/28/21 6:45 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
• Thursday, 7/29/21 6:45 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
• Saturday, 7/31/21 7:45 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.