Police took into custody the man who dialed 911 to report five people had been shot to death inside a Milwaukee home on Monday. Milwaukee Police Chief Alfonso Morales said during a brief news conference that when officers arrived at the house on the city’s north side they found five victims ranging in age from 14 to 41.
Mayor Tom Barrett told reporters at the house that a baby was found alive in the house. Investigators believe the shooter decided to spare the infant. Morales said investigators recovered a weapon and believe the shooter acted alone, adding that that there’s no threat to the public. The man who called authorities to the house has been taken into custody, and detectives were trying to determine the relationship between the caller and the victims, Morales said. No names have been provided.
The attack is the second mass shooting in Milwaukee this year. Molson Coors brewery worker Anthony Ferrill gunned down five co-workers on Feb. 26 before turning his gun on himself. His motive remains unknown.
Editorial credit: Tony Savino / Shutterstock.com