Due to road closures prompted by this year’s IRONMAN World Championship, the following facilities and services will not be available between Thursday, October 6 through Sunday October 9:
Thursday, October 6, 2022
- West Hawaiʻi Sanitary Landfill (Pu’uanahulu) and Organics Facility
- Kealakehe Recycling and Transfer Station, Reuse Center, and Scrap Metal recycling
Friday, October 7, 2022
- All solid waste transfer stations islandwide
- East Hawai‘i Reload Station
Saturday, October 8, 2022
- West Hawaiʻi Sanitary Landfill (Pu‘uanahulu) and Organics Facility
- Kealakehe Recycling and Transfer Station, Reuse Center, Scrap Metal, and Greenwaste recycling
These Recycling and Transfer Stations closures will affect all services, including residential trash disposal, Drop-Off recycling, greenwaste recycling, the Reuse Center, and mulch pick-up. Recycling and Transfer Stations will resume regular scheduled operations for all services on Sunday, October 9, 2022.
West Hawaiʻi Sanitary Landfill will resume its normal schedule (Monday-Saturday from 7am-4;15) and reopen on Monday, October 10.
Visit www.hawaiizerowaste.org or call the Department of Environmental Management, Solid Waste Division Office, at (808) 961-8270 for further information.